Saturday 20 March 2010

Celery & carrot soup

Easy to make, low-cal, tasty celery and carrot soup.
The following made me 2 servings with a total of about 30 calories (15 cal per serving).

2 sticks of celery
2 medium carrots unpealed
Water

Wash the celery & carrots and chop off both ends
Chop it all into pieces (I cut them into quarters then cut them lengthways)
Boil in water for 15 - 20 minutes until soft
Separate the water from the celery and carrots but keep the water
Blend the celery and carrots and gradually add the water whilst blending until it is as thick as you want it to be (this all depends on your personal preference)

Either eat it straight away or put it in a covered container in the fridge. It should keep fine for a couple of days; simply reheat in a pan or microwave but keep stirring it as you heat it so the water doesn't seperate.

n.b. I reheated the remaining water to the boil, added some gravy granuals and then froze it. Now when I want gravy I can just defrost it and I haven't lost the nutrients taken from the carrots/celery when they were boiled and I'm not wasting water!

Simple, quick, easy, delish, low-cal!

No comments:

Post a Comment